When you envision a vacation, what’s the next thought that follows booking your flight? Naturally, it’s booking your accommodation, or more specifically, hotel booking – isn’t it? It’s time for a refreshing change of perspective by thinking beyond hotels so that you can get the best vakantiehuisje for your next vacation! To help you explore your options, here’s a curated list of five diverse types of accommodations that can enhance your travel experience without compromising on the comfort of a home:
- Vakantiepark: A holiday resort, is an excellent accommodation for those that value an immersive blend of relaxation and recreation in their travel experience. Resorts typically have more amenities than most hotels, bringing a fresh air of rejuvenation for those who opt to stay. While they may be costlier than hotel rooms, they’re worth the price if you want a memorable escape from the ordinary routine.
- Vakantiehuisje: A holiday home is a home away from home that is fully furnished and has high-quality amenities intended to make you feel like you’ve not stepped out of your comfort zone. Whether traveling with family or seeking a simple solo retreat, a holiday home provides the ideal setting to unwind, recharge and create cherished memories that will stay with you after your journey ends.
- Houseboats: If you’re traveling to experience the thrill of staying on the surface of the water (quite literally), houseboats are the options you should be turning your attention towards. Though they aren’t available at all places you plan to travel to, if you come across an opportunity to stay on one, don’t miss it. Like a vakantiehuis, these floating rentals thrill you to stay closer to water while bringing you the comfort of your home. Imagine waking up to the sound of waves and being surrounded by panoramic views that change with tides. Houseboats come in various sizes and designs, each offering a distinctive charm to your vacation.
- Cottages: Similar to vakantiewoning, cottages promise you the comfort of a home, with enhanced coziness and peace. These simple yet charming houses are perfect for relaxing getaways. You can forget the busy world and enjoy life’s simple pleasures. Cottages are an option for you if you’re looking for an opportunity to slow down, breathe in the fresh air and find comfort in the beauty of the nature around you.
- Treehouses: While it can be difficult to spot a place that offers you to rent a treehouse, it’s an option you can consider if you want to try something unconventional. Renting a treehouse is like stepping into a magical hideaway amongst the branches. It’s an accommodation option that can undoubtedly connect you with your inner child. Perched high above the ground, these unique accommodations offer a fresh perspective on the world below and allow you to cherish the beauty of nature.
If you’re exploring your options for the next getaway, starting with apps like Hometogo can be a great idea. Before fixating on the accommodation option for your next adventure, take some time to evaluate your preferences and budget to ensure that you get the best travel experience which you can keep into your memories forever.