Even though travelling by train using a train app is convenient, the laughter, singing, jokes and crazy stories while enjoying the view outside the window with friends and loved ones make road trips fun and exciting. We all have our road trip stories that we have shared many times but still can’t get enough of them. So, the journey can become as fun as the destination itself with great company.
However, under preparation might become a bummer as there are some things, like travel booking, that you should take care of before driving off. So here is a list of some road trip essentials you can’t leave at home.
- Car Documents- Check all your documents, including your driving licence, car insurance, car license and registration certificate, pollution control certificate before leaving. Since you do not have to worry about train ticket booking, that is one less worry for you. Also, make extra copies of the original certificate in an emergency. Additionally, all check your and others’ identity proof before starting the journey.
- Spare Types- Flat tyre can be risky and a mood spoiler for you as it will delay your plans. Make sure that you carry a car jack, spare tyre, wheel wedges, and a flat tyre repair kit.
- Emergency Kit is another precautionary measure that you cannot neglect if you are hoping for a safe and stress-free journey. First aid kits are essential in long trips. Some of the must-haves in your kit are diarrhoea meds, pain killers, pain relief ointments, bandages, scissors, cotton, vomit medicine, headache relief pills, sanitiser, thermometer, burn treatment ointment, paracetamol and glucose, among others.
- Large bottles of water – You can start your journey expecting to buy water on the way. However, we should always be prepared for uncertainties while on a road trip. Carrying separate water bottles is not always sufficient, so you should make it a point to bring along a large bottle of water that will keep you hydrated.
- Phone Charger- You need to stay connected with the world while on the road, so never dare to forget your charger on any road journey. Always check twice for your charger before leaving.
- Tissues and Sanitisers- Hygiene is imperative on a road journey, so make sure to have your tissues and sanitiser separately so you can’t clear any loitering and spillage along the way.
- Blanket- You never know how the weather will be throughout the journey, and you may have to stop the car to spend the night in your vehicle. Since this is a road trip and there is no flight ticket booking, you must carry your blanket. Taking at least one covering is an excellent idea to be prepared for such situations.
- Sunscreen- You don’t want to deal with sunburn while travelling, so keep your sunscreen in a place where you can easily reach it and make sure to apply it as soon as you come in contact with the harsh rays of the sun.
- Snacks- Snacking on road trips is a must and makes them fun. You can share your childhood stories over burgers and chips while listening to your favourite pop track. It is always an exciting thing to do.
- Playlist- Create a playlist with all your favourite songs. Keep it mixed so that it can suit all your moods. While enjoying the view outside the window, this is a relaxing way to fill the time between conversations.
When well-prepared, you don’t have to stress about anything, and everything becomes smooth and chilled. You make sure to carry all the essentials before starting your journey.